Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A little love letter

To the man laying next to me,

Because you're a heavy sleeper, I'm happy to say I can get all my thoughts out now before I lose them, all the while, laying next to you.  You are amazing.  We just talked more about saving money and in the next year or so, starting a family.  I knew you were responsible, mature, and hard-working, but I had no idea to what extent.  I can't believe that because of you, we now have some money put away.  You helped me decide to pay off the bit I had on a credit card even thought it's currently 0% interest, simply so we can really start saving money (and helped me pay it).  Today you calmed the nerves and stress I had building up from finding out that my medical insurance doesn't cover pregnancy (at all!) and we make too much to get state assistance. I'm not pregnant yet, and we plan to wait, but still... I'm one of those people who focus on the future, so it worries me... not to mention the thought of having a baby excites me like almost nothing else, so suffice it to say, it's on my mind.  You could have called me crazy, told me we'll worry about it in a few months, or got frustrated/stressed out with me...

... BUT instead, you listened to me, expressed your thoughts in a clear, mature way, showed me you love me, held me, and made plans with me today.  And it's not the first time during the nearly 2 months we've been married.  It's amazing how easy it is to talk to you about the future... and how different from when we were "just dating."  It's exactly how I hoped (and doubted) it would be... you know, marriage.  It's filled with easy, flowing, necessary communication, daily prayer together, regular meals together, hugs, kisses, love, smiles, laughs, movies...

If only I had known it would be like this - it would've erased all my insecurities that bothered you so.  I was so scared of the unknown - afraid to trust in the answer I had certainly received from my Heavenly Father when I asked him about my choice to marry you.  After that prayer I had felt so peaceful - so sure.  Then somehow little questions, doubts, insecurities would sneak their way in and mess up that peace God had given me... making me wonder if it was my own heart (and not God) who had confirmed my decision.  But now I know that it really was from Him - that marrying you was not only my desire, but His will.  I'm sure enough about that now that I'm willing to tell you in a public letter.

No matter how cheesy it sounds, you truly are my anchor.  I've been pulled back to where I need to be, and you're holding me still, to stay forever just where I need to be - in your arms.

Love,

Tu Ranita,
Kalimana

No comments:

Post a Comment