Sunday, October 7, 2012

Monthaversary



Officially being married for a month now, I thought I'd begin another something new, and start a blog. With my man on my mind, I decided to title this blog "He calls me Kalimana" since... well, he does. :) Yesterday we celebrated his 31st birthday. This year I didn't playfully tease him about how "young" he is - I learned last year (when he finished off the big 30) that it wasn't a great idea. We had some good friends over and ate delicious rice, chicken, carne asada, tortillas, salsa, and... birthday cake! I withstood the urge to take out my camera setup, and left our friends to it with their camera phones - and I'm glad I did! We had a blast, and he had a great time with me there by his side (instead of behind the SLR).




We had an official "kids" talk a couple weeks ago. The plan is to wait about a year and save, save, save! I personally "can't wait" (that's such a funny phrase...) to have children. I know it'll be the biggest change/challenge/trial of my life, but also the most important and rewarding (second to marriage & my commitment to living the Gospel of Jesus Christ). There are so many ideals, plans, goals, etc... that I want to put into action with having kids... Taking advantage of the growth & development they go through during the first year of life, for example, is always on my mind. Discovering the correct disciplining methods, educating plans, etc... are so important to me. There are so many contradicting theories... such as strict government schooling vs. scheduled/regulated home schooling vs. unschooling. There are the theories of CIO (letting your baby "cry it out" in the crib) and those who fight against it. There are groups who say letting your baby sleep with you during the first year (or in a side crib) is important for nurturing, and those who are against it, saying it discourages independence (among other factors). Home birth vs. hospital birth, organic vs. non-organic, soy product debates, TV watching, guided vs. structured learning, and so much more! How will I ever make all these choices? It's a little overwhelming, but I'm so excited to soon be making these decisions... I say soon because I hesitate to make them now, in my naive, never-had-a-child state... I feel like actual experience and seeing my child's personality unfold will guide us to make these choices as they come.




Well, that'll be it for now for my first post!




I'm excited & ready for the future!




Kalli Pavon (AKA Kalimana)

No comments:

Post a Comment