Thursday, January 9, 2014

It's 2014, baby!

It's a new year.  Now I am more determined then ever to work hard toward the goal of expanding my little family of two.

Pre "trying-for-baby" goals:

  1. Throw out half the things I own (or sell them) and get more organized.
  2. Keep making sure Kalimana Film Stories (http://www.kalimana.com) grows, so I can get ready to work a little less once the time comes.
  3. Get healthy.  I am MANY pounds overweight - to the point that it could cause major risks if I try for the natural homebirth I hope to have - so it's time to eat better & start a lifetime routine of getting active.
Then... *drum roll* for the ultimate goal of the year:  Start trying to get pregnant. That will be fun. ;)

After documenting so many births, I find myself in tears sometimes for my desire to have a baby myself.  I am the only one preventing this, as my hubby and I have set some goals to meet before we start trying, and I haven't been working nearly hard enough on them.  But now is the time.  I am more motivated then ever. I'm so excited about this that I set up another exciting motivating factor to lose that weight:  I scheduled a couples portrait session for April/May with the amazing Jenny Cruger (http://www.jennycrugerphotography.com). AHH!!! So excited for that! I need this. :)

If you can cheer me on in any way at all, it would be very appreciated.  And yes, I will update this blog with photos. ;)

Thank you for your support (whether that support comes in the form of subscribing to this blog, following my pages to get the updates, leaving comments, praying for me, or sending me "healthy vibes" ... I LOVE IT)!

High fives, all around! ;)

Your Tennessee film-maker,

Kalimana
(AKA... Kalli Pavon)

No comments:

Post a Comment